Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Collection of information
CRPL only collects personal information for the purposes of conducting our business.
We collect information in three ways:
1. Information you give to CRPL directly. This includes:
o with respect to registered businesses: this might include your name, business name and ABN, email address, billing information or any other information required to list and register your business on CRPL’s Site or Platform.
o information about users: this might include your name, email address, first name, surname and address, and may also include photographs that you provide to us, your username or any other information required to list and register on CRPL’s Site or Platform;
o information about your financial transactions: if you use CRPL’s Services for financial transactions, we collect information about the transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your bank account details, credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
2. Information we collect through your use of CRPL’s services. This includes:
o information collected by our server, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, operating system and platform, the average time you spend on CRPL’s Site and/or Platform, pages visited, information searched for, average access time, and websites you have visited previously, as well as other relevant statistics;
o cookies and other anonymous identifiers, which we send to your computer’s browser for record-keeping purposes;
o information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access CRPL’s services. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent services across your devices. This might include:
- attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals;
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
3. Information from third-parties. We receive information about you and your activities from third-parties including registered businesses,
How CRPL uses your information
We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
Without limiting the above, CRPL may use, or disclose to
- in circumstances where a registered business has provided us with your personal information (either directly or via code), we may contact you on behalf of that registered business to provide a review of the registered business;
- deliver products or services to you, or to others, to collect payments, make payments and to manage your account, to market to you directly, as well as provide you with information about our products and services, and to notify you of changes to our products and services;
- contact you about new products, projects or services. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth);
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our services for your benefit, or for the benefit of others, to develop new services, and to protect our services and our customers. We may also use this information to offer you, or others, tailored services, products, projects or seasonal promotions;
- keep a record of your communications with us to help solve any issues or disputes that might arise;
- help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies;
- comply with the law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting.
We may use the information we collect through your use of our services to:
- measure the use of CRPL’s Site and Platform and to administer and improve CRPL’s Service. We interpret this statistical data in our continuing effort to improve CRPL and your user experience; and
- gather information on which web pages are visited and how often, to make CRPL’s Site and Platform more
We may combine the information you give to us directly with the information we collect through your use of CRPL’s Service.
We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third-party websites from which it is possible to link to CRPL’s Site or Platform with information relating to the users accessing CRPL’s Site or Platform from such third-party websites.
In delivering our products or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third-party organisations, including external service providers; our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors; and regulatory or government authorities as required by law.
CRPL takes steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you. Generally, we will allow
We take those steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual asks to correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may email or write to us at the email address provided above. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
CRPL is committed to ensuring that the collection and processing of your data, carried out from the Site, complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Each form or teleservice limits the collection of personal data to what is strictly necessary (minimisation of data) and specifies:
(a) what are the objectives of the data collection;
(b) if this data is mandatory or optional for the management of your request; and
(c) who will have access to it (only CRPL unless specified in the form when transmission to a third-party is necessary to manage your request
The personal data collected as part of the services offered on the Site are processed according to secure protocols and enable CRPL to handle requests received in its computer applications.
For any information or to exercise your rights concerning the processing of personal data managed by CRPL, you can contact CRPL and if appropriate its data protection officer, if distinguished.